Finish in as few as:
Bachelor of Arts in Health Care Administration
Healthcare administration is one of the fastest-growing employment sectors in the U.S. and critical to the effective functioning of healthcare systems. In fact, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), management careers in medical and health services are expected to grow by 32 percent between 2022 and 2029.
What You Will Learn
- How to confidently express God’s calling on your life, as well as your chosen Health Care Administration profession.
- Problem-Solving: The best administrators are able to sense when something is likely to go wrong or already amiss before a crisis even occurs.
- A strong understanding of Business operations. Healthcare professionals are often responsible for ensuring the organization meets its financial and productivity goals in order to keep it competitive in the growing healthcare market. This requires strategic planning, business knowledge and management acumen.
- Strong Healthcare administrators build a culture of accountability that relies on trusted staff to identify and address issues before they become larger problems.
This 120-credit-hour degree can be completed in approximately 4 years.
Why Study Healthcare Administration at KCC Online?
- Highly engaged, hands-on online classes with students from all walks of life
- Professors who are practitioners of the subjects they teach
- Faculty and staff who are dedicated to getting to know you and providing not only academic support but spiritual support and guidance as well
Career and Ministry Opportunities for Healthcare Administration Graduates
Opportunities within the Health Care Administration ministry include positions that are responsible for managing, directing, planning and coordinating business activities in both small and large sized medical facilities. Depending on your specific career path, graduates often find employment within hospitals, insurance companies, clinics, volunteer clinics and/or doctors’ offices.
Healthcare Administration Required Courses
Bible and Theology Courses
- Old Testament Survey
- New Testament Survey
- Life of Christ
- Redemption in Old Testament
- Letters of Paul
- Biblical Theology of Leadership
- Knowing God
- Theology of Holiness
- Bible Study Methods
- Christian Beliefs
General Studies Courses
- English Composition I
- English Composition II
- General Psychology
- World Civilizations to 1700
- Personal and Social Ethics
- Exploring God’s World
- Principles of Sociology
- College Success
- Technology and Information for College
Professional Studies Courses
- Intro to Healthcare Administration
- Intro to Public Community Health
- Healthcare Economics
- Healthcare Policy
- Continuous Quality Improvement & Accreditation
- Long Term Care
- Organizational Leadership
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
- Personnel Development
- 30 Credit Hours