Finish in as few as:
Bachelor of Arts in Leadership & Ministry
Prepare for a new career in Leadership or Ministry with a Professional or Online Degree from Kansas Christian College.
Producing competent and productive leaders within the Ministry and the world has a long history at Kansas Christian College. The Professional & Online Leadership and Ministry degree provides students with a broad and deep understanding of ministry study and works to assist them becoming future leaders in Christ. The program closely examines subjects within Biblical & Theological Studies, Teaching & Preaching, Biblical Counseling, and Organizational Leadership.
Through this combination of courses, you will obtain the knowledge necessary to not only serve within, but grow and maintain a healthy Kingdom-Purposed organization.
What You Will Learn
- How to confidently express God’s calling on your life, as well as your chosen Leadership profession.
- The principles of effective Organizational Leadership.
- How to competently interpret and proclaim the Word of God.
- How to responsibly plan activities or services directly conducted in the local church.
- An introductory understanding of ministry that is consistent with Scripture and proven leadership principles
This 120-credit-hour degree can be completed in approximately 4 years.
Why Study Leadership and Ministry at KCC Online?
- Highly engaged, hands-on online classes with students from all walks of life
- Professors who are practitioners of the subjects they teach
- Faculty and staff who are dedicated to getting to know you and providing not only academic support but spiritual support and guidance as well
Career and Ministry Opportunities for Leadership and Ministry Graduates
A Bachelor of Arts in Leadership and Ministry can open doors to many different careers, as well as further study at the master’s and Ph.D. levels.
- Positions in fields such as Management, Human Resources, Non-Profits, and much more!
- Church and Ministry Work: Positions as a Pastor, Youth Pastor, Executive Pastor, or Organizational Leadership roles within Para-Church Ministries.
- Continued Education: Prepare for graduate-level work.
Leadership and Ministry Required Courses
Bible and Theology Courses
- Old Testament Survey
- New Testament Survey
- Life of Christ
- Redemption in Old Testament
- Letters of Paul
- Biblical Theology of Leadership
- Knowing God
- Theology of Holiness
- Bible Study Methods
- Christian Beliefs
General Studies Courses
- English Composition I
- English Composition II
- General Psychology
- World Civilizations to 1700
- Personal and Social Ethics
- Exploring God’s World
- Principles of Sociology
- College Success
- Technology and Information for College
Professional Studies Courses
- Principles of the Christian Life
- Organizational Leadership
- Working with Teams
- Marketplace Ministry
- Personal and Social Ethics
- Teaching and Preaching
- The Mobilization of Volunteers
- Pastoral Care
- Biblical Counseling
- Senior Portfolio: Leadership and Ministry
- 30 Credit Hours