Accreditation and Recognition
Kansas Christian College is accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education Commission on Accreditation (5850 T. G. Lee Blvd., Ste. 130, Orlando, FL 32822, 407.207.0808) to grant certificates and degrees at the Associate and Baccalaureate levels.
The ABHE Commission on Accreditation has placed Kansas Christian College on warning for weaknesses in satisfying the following accreditation standard(s).
- Standard 2: EE 8; Condition of Eligibility 8; Policy on Outcomes (demonstrate with evidence the ongoing provision of outcomes data for the public regarding institutional performance and student achievement, including graduation rates and employment rates in program-related occupations);
- Standard 3: EE 5, 6, 7; Standard 7c: EE 2 (demonstrate with evidence the institution can consistently fulfill its obligations to its various regulatory agencies and communicate accurately to them, especially as it relates to Federal Financial Aid participation);
- Standard 4: EE 2 (demonstrate with evidence that the institution is authorized to award the credentials that it offers in all of the jurisdictions in which it operates);
- Standard 6a: EE 1, 3; Standard 6b: EE3; COE 18 (demonstrate with evidence that the institution has the administrative and financial capacity to achieve its mission and goals in light of its administrative turnover and enrollment growth);
- Standard 6b: E 1, 2, 6 (demonstrate with evidence that the institution has financial stability through sufficient financial reserves and the implementation of a budgeting process that serves as an effective instrument for financial planning, including financial projections);
- Standard 7c: EE 2 (demonstrate with evidence that financial aid practices meet regulatory and reporting requirements, including resolution of concerns raised in the 2020 audit);
- Standard 10: EE 3, 8, 9 (demonstrate with evidence that the collection of learning resources is sufficiently funded, appropriate to the curriculum, and securely maintained);
- Standard 11b: EE 2; Standard 11d: EE 1; Condition of Eligibility 14 (demonstrate with evidence that a culture of ministry formation is integral to the overall experience of the student’s education in all degree programs and that there is a required ministry formation program for online students which is consistent with its on-campus program).
- The institution retains accredited status with ABHE during this period of warning and will be subject to periodic monitoring, which may include progress reports and/or focused visits by Commission on Accreditation staff or evaluation teams. If weaknesses are not resolved within the time specified (usually one year), the Commission on Accreditation may (1) extend the warning for a second year, (2) place the institution on probation, (3) order the institution to show cause why its accreditation should be continued, or (4) withdraw accreditation status]. Warning is rarely extended beyond two years.
For questions related to accreditation, please contact the vice president of academic affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.