Location: Overland Park, KS
History: Founded in 1938
Religious Affiliation: Founded by the Churches of God (Holiness); Interdenominational in enrollment
Degrees: Bachelor of Arts and Associate of Arts
Programs of Study: 7
Articulation Agreements: We’ve entered into articulation agreements with other colleges to serve students as they pursue their callings. Currently, we have agreements with the institutions listed below:
- Mid-America Nazarene University
- Grand Canyon University
- Johnson County Community College
- Indiana Wesleyan University
- Oklahoma Wesleyan University
- Ohio Christian University
Faculty: 6 full-time, 7 part-time
On-Campus Average Class Size: 12
Student to Faculty Ratio: 15:1
Academic Facilities: Dormitory, gymnasium, two office buildings, two classroom buildings (one housing the library)
Degrees available Online:
- BA in Leadership and Ministry
- BA in Business
- BA in Psychology
- BA in Healthcare Administration
- City Union Mission
- Harvesters Kansas City
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Shelter KC
- Toca FC
- Real Fire FC
- Luke 18 Project
- KC Underground
- Next Generation KC
- COGH Home and World Missions
- Harmony Hill Youth Camp
- Camp Galilee
- Kids Across America
- Nazarene Global Ministry
- ACP (Artist Community Project)
- The Collective KC
- Worship Catalyst
- Santa Fe Wanderers
- Frontiers USA
- Many KC area church congregations
Academic Divisions: Theology and Ministry, Business, Psychology, Education, General Studies
The below information only includes students who began college at KCC in a fall semester as first-time, full-time, degree-seeking students as per the federal definition of “cohort.”
Undergraduate Retention and Graduation Rate Cohort
|IPEDS Report Year||Retention Rate (# of students)||Graduation Rate (# of students)||Transfer-Out Rate||BA Completion Rate|
*Data presented reflect the type of programs that KCC offers that largely cater to transfer and adult/online degree completion students.
Employment Rate: In our 2019 alumni survey, 33% of respondents noted that they are employed in an area of training I received from KCC and 66% noted that they are doing volunteer work in an area related to the training they received from KCC.
Ministry Involvement: In our 2019 alumni survey, 33% noted they are serving in a ministerial role and 66% indicated they serve their church as an active volunteer.
- American Indian or Native Alaskan – 3%
- Asian –3%
- Black or African American – 34%
- Hispanic or Latino – 10%
- Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander- 0.5%
- International (Non-resident Alien) – 5%
- Two or More Races – 5%
- White – 33%
- American Indian or Native Alaskan – 1%
- Asian –4%
- Black or African American – 43%
- Hispanic or Latino – 12%
- Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander- 1%
- International (Non-resident Alien) – 10%
- Two or More Races – 5%
- White – 23%
Pell / FDL:
- 2021 – 22
- 64% Pell Recipients
- 66% FDL Recipients
- 89% Pell Recipients
- 76% FDL Recipients
- 95% Pell Recipients
- 86% FDL Recipients
Kansas Christian College exists to develop servant leaders who know God, who have a passion for holiness of heart, and who are inspired and prepared for a lifetime of learning and Kingdom service.
That students graduating from Kansas Christian College…
- Can articulate a biblical worldview.
- Can articulate the meaning and practical expressions of the holiness of heart.
- Are equipped with practical tools for ministry.
- Are equipped for further study.
- Have deepened passion for disciplines of spiritual development.
See our Outcomes Data here.