Traditional Degree Programs
Kansas Christian College is proud to offer the following traditional degree programs designed to equip students for Kingdom service.
For more information including program requirements, see the Academic Info section of the KCC Catalog.
KCC Traditional Degree Programs:
Religion degrees enable the student to confidently express God’s calling on his or her life, display a passion for ministry, demonstrate a compassion for people and exercise effective leadership in the local church.
Pastoral ministries students will be able to…
- Competently interpret and proclaim the Word of God.
- Responsibly plan various services conducted in the local church.
- Counsel from a Christian perspective.
- Apply theoretical information received in the classroom to specific ministry opportunities.
Additional emphases in biblical studies, missions and youth ministry are offered.
Religion – Ministerial
- Bachelor of Arts in Religion, Major in Pastoral Ministry
- Bachelor of Arts in Religion, Major in Youth Ministry
- Associate of Arts in Religion, Major in Pastoral Ministry Emphasis
- Associate of Arts in Religion, Major in Youth Ministry Emphasis
Religion – Biblical Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Religion, Major in Biblical Studies
- Associate of Arts in Religion, Major in Biblical Studies Emphasis
Religion – Missions
- Bachelor of Arts in Religion, Major in Missions
- Associate of Arts in Religion, Major in Missions Emphasis
Religion – Leadership and Ministry
- Bachelor of Arts in Religion, Major in Leadership and Ministry
- Associate of Arts in Religion, Major in Leadership and Ministry Emphasis
Teacher Education Programs
A Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education teaches students to…
- Develop and articulate their personal, Christian philosophy of education.
- Effectively plan their instruction.
- Manage classroom situations using the skills and requisite knowledge they have gained.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of educational technology and media.
- Make informed decisions about certification and develop a plan based on that decision.
Additional Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education
KCC offers options for elementary education majors who would like to achieve state teacher certification.
A 2+2 agreement is in place with MidAmerica Nazarene University (MNU) whereby a student can take classes at KCC for two years and then transfer to MNU for another two years. When four years of full-time study is completed, a student graduates with a B.A. in Elementary Education from MNU, prepared for applying for state teacher certification in the state of Kansas. More information is available on the MidAmerica Nazarene University website at www.mnu.edu.
The student can complete the B.A. in Elementary Education at KCC and then apply for teacher certification through the American Board (www.abcte.org), a non-profit organization established by the U.S. Department of Education dedicated to building strong communities through preparing, certifying and supporting teachers. This process includes online preparation for the tests required for completion of the program. (See more at (www.abcte.org))
The goal of the KCC Worship Leadership program is to provide a basic foundation for students that enables them to minister musically in the local church. Students who complete the requirements for the Associate of Arts in Worship Leadership should be able to…
- Serve effectively in the local church music program.
- Lead or assist in leading the local congregation in worship after responsible and prayerful preparation.
- Collaborate with the pastor and other musicians to provide opportunities for members of the local church to use their musical gifts in Christian ministry individually, in groups and corporately.
- Select music that is meaningful and appropriate for the worship of God, that exhibits a solid biblical philosophy, and that shows good aesthetic judgment.
Associate of Arts in Worship Leadership
The performance music programs at KCC are designed for musically exceptional students. Upon completion of the Bachelor of Arts in Performance Music program, students should…
- Be prepared for graduate study.
- Demonstrate a proficiency in chamber music.
- Have developed a professional repertoire.
- Exhibit a foundation in music theory, pedagogy, music history, ear training and sight singing/sight reading.
- Be able to effectively serve in the local church music program.
For more information, see the Music Program page.
Bachelor of Arts in Performance Music
The B.A. and A.A. in Business Leadership programs are designed for those who desire to serve God through entrepreneurial and/or marketplace ventures. Upon graduation from the B.A. in Business Leadership program, students will be able to…
- Explain, integrate, and apply foundational business knowledge in a work environment.
- Exhibit proficiency in critical thinking and decision-making by applying appropriate solutions to strategic and organizational challenges.
- Analyze ethical and corporate social responsibility issues in context and recommend appropriate action(s).
- Display a basic understanding of the global nature of business.
- Communicate effectively by producing appropriate, professional-quality business documents and delivering oral and written presentations and reports using appropriate technologies.
- Demonstrate effective collaborative skills, both as leader and team member, exhibiting strong interpersonal relationship abilities and an understanding of group and individual dynamics within a business setting.
- Apply appropriate leadership principles while working with people and processes within profit and not-for-profit organizations.
Major in Sport Management
Objectives for Sport Management Concentration
- Display a basic understanding of the worldwide appeal and importance of the sport management field.
- Apply and understand the multitude of opportunities in the sport management field
- Demonstrate understanding of the critical social, psychological, and philosophical base issues of the sport environment.
- Demonstrate understanding of moral and ethical implications of sport policy and strategies.
Associate of Arts in Business Leadership
Bachelor of Arts in Business Leadership
General Studies Program
The General Studies program prepares students to make informed decisions and develop a plan regarding further study at a more advanced level. The program provides a solid foundation of theology and biblical study and a base of knowledge in general education.
These students will be able to apply the theoretical information they receive in the classroom to their chosen fields of ministry.