KCC and its supporters work hard to help students receive the financial assistance they need to get a quality, Christ-centered education. With fundraising events throughout the year, KCC generates the finances necessary to offer a variety of scholarships to qualified students. Along with the generous scholarships contributed by alumni and friends, these funds provide a lengthy list of scholarship funds that are available to be claimed each year. For more information about each of the scholarships listed below, see the scholarship section of the Current Catalog.
Academic scholarships are available for full-time traditional students. They range from $1500 to $6,000 annually and are renewable if the appropriate cumulative GPA is maintained and the student remains in good standing with the college. Academic awards ranging from $1500-$3,000 must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.25. Academic awards ranging from $3,001-$6,000 must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.5. They will be reviewed at the end of the academic year.
Incoming Freshmen: Using the chart below, add the appropriate point values for your cumulative high school GPA upon graduation and SAT/ACT score. Only full time (minimum 12 hours/semester) students qualify.
Incoming Transfer Students: Using the chart below, use the appropriate point values for your cumulative GPA from all colleges attended. Official Transcripts from every school enrolled in must be sent directly to KCC to be considered. A minimum 12 transfer hours must be accepted. Only full time (minimum 12 hours/semester) students qualify.
*For students who have not transferred in 12 credit hours and/or have never been enrolled full-time in college are eligible for awards based on high school transcripts for true incoming freshmen.
|Awards Based on Point Values*|
* Maximum amount awarded. Awards will be granted after any and all additional grants and scholarships. These scholarships are “Last Dollar Awards,” meaning institutional aid is capped at the direct costs.
** Must maintain a 3.25 cumulative GPA for annual renewal
*** Must maintain a 3.50 cumulative GPA for annual renewal
Examples based on 16 points, $3,000 Maximum Scholarship:
Presidential Merit Scholarship:
- This scholarship is available to full-time, traditional first-time or transfer students.
- The scholarship is renewable annually with a 3.5 cumulative GPA and by remaining in good standing with the college.
- The scholarship is for $2,500 annually and will be awarded based on a committee selection process.
- To be considered for a Presidential Merit Scholarship, a student must be nominated by a pastor, youth pastor, school administrator or counselor,
- Board of Trustees members, or KCC faculty or staff member.
- Application must be submitted by March 15 and students must complete their FAFSA and KCC scholarship application by April 1. The announcement will be made by April 15 by the Admissions Office.
Valedictorian and Salutatorian Scholarship
- KCC offers an annual $8,000 tuition scholarship to the valedictorian and a $7,000 tuition scholarship to the salutatorian of high schools, though some restrictions may apply.
- Must be ranked #1 or #2 in his or her class having GPA’s of 3.7 or 3.5 respectively as verified at time of awarding and on final, official transcript.
- Must meet the KCC admission criteria.
- Transcripts will be evaluated on a weighted GPA, 4.0 scale.
- Must be entering as a first-time, full-time traditional freshman student directly out of high school.
- Renewable annually with a 3.5 cumulative GPA.
- The only additional institutional aid that students may add to this award is the Church of God (Holiness) member and Church Matching funds.
- A non-refundable Enrollment deposit and signed Award Letter must be received by April 1.
National Merit Scholarship
This award is for a finalist, semi-finalist or one receiving commendation in the National Merit Program who is enrolled full-time and living on campus at KCC. This scholarship may be received for up to four years of continuous enrollment. Students can be awarded up to a maximum of 100% tuition. An academic scholarship will not be added to this award for finalists and semi-finalists.
- Finalist: Full-Tuition
- Semi-Finalist: Half-Tuition
- Commendation: $1,000 per year
This award is offered in partnership with Awana Youth Ministries and is for full-time, first-time or transfer students. This scholarship may be received for up to four years of continuous enrollment and is for students who have reached certain milestones in the Awana program. The awards are as follows:
- Timothy Award – $2,000 ($250 per semester for up to eight semesters)
- Meritorious Award – $4,000 ($500 per semester for up to eight semesters)
- Citation Award – $8,000 ($1,000 per semester for up to eight semesters)
This award may not be combined with any of the institutional academic scholarships, and criteria for each award can be found at http://awanaym.org.
KCC Memorial and Endowed Scholarships
The following scholarships are funded by individuals and families who support KCC and its students. Please contact us to apply for one or more of these funded scholarships.
- Holland Scholarship – Religion majors
- Mable Johnson Scholarship – Music majors
- Lowery Family Memorial Scholarship – Elementary Education majors
- Dr. E.W. Roy Scholarship – Religion majors
- Hertha Roy Scholarship – International or missions students
- Vieth Scholarship* – Offered by the CoGH Foundation Board
- Ruby Mays Scholarship – Christian Education majors
- Larry Warford Scholarship* – Students of CoGH high schools or colleges
- Cordelia Williams Memorial Scholarship – Ministerial or Missions majors
- Crooks Family Scholarship – Deserving KCC college students
- Palmer Memorial Scholarship – Deserving KCC college students
*The Veith Scholarship and the Larry Warford Scholarship are administered by the Church of God (Holiness) Foundation Board. Interested students should contact the KCC academic dean for an application or request one from the Foundation Board secretary: Church of God (Holiness), P.O. Box 4244, Overland Park, KS, 66204. Deadlines for the Warford Scholarship are September 30 for fall semesters and February 15 for spring semesters.
Use the Contact Form on this page for more information on KCC scholarships