KCC and its supporters work hard to help students receive the financial assistance they need to get a quality, Christ-centered education. With fundraising events throughout the year, KCC generates the finances necessary to offer a variety of scholarships to qualified students. The generous scholarships contributed by alumni and friends provide scholarship funds available to be claimed each year. For more information about each scholarship listed below, see the scholarship section of the Current Catalog.
Academic scholarships are available for full-time students. They range from $300 to $3,000 annually and are renewable if the appropriate cumulative GPA is maintained and the student remains in good standing with the college. Academic awards will be reviewed at the end of the academic year.
Examples based on 8 points, $1,500 Maximum Scholarship per Semester:
|1) Tuition and Fees||$4,800||2) Tuition and Fees||$4,800|
|Pell Grant||($3,477)||Pell Grant||$0|
|Church Match Grant||($500)||Church Match Grant||($500)|
|Tuition Balance Due||$823||Tuition Balance Due||$4,300|
|Maximum Scholarship||($823)||Maximum Scholarship||($1,500)|
|BALANCE DUE||$0||BALANCE DUE||$2,800|
Presidential Merit Scholarship
- This scholarship is available to full-time, traditional first-time, or transfer students.
- The scholarship is renewable annually with a 3.5 cumulative GPA and by remaining in good standing with the college.
- The scholarship is for $2,500 annually and will be awarded based on a committee selection process.
- To be considered for a Presidential Merit Scholarship, a student must be nominated by a pastor, youth pastor, school administrator or counselor,
- Board of Trustees members, or KCC faculty or staff member.
- The application must be submitted by March 15 and students must complete their FAFSA and KCC scholarship application by April 1. The announcement will be made by April 15 by the Admissions Office.
Valedictorian and Salutatorian Scholarship
- KCC offers an annual $8,000 tuition scholarship to the valedictorian and a $7,000 tuition scholarship to the salutatorian of high schools, though some restrictions may apply.
- Must be ranked #1 or #2 in his or her class having GPAs of 3.7 or 3.5 respectively as verified at the time of awarding and on the final, official transcript.
- Must meet the KCC admission criteria.
- Transcripts will be evaluated on a weighted GPA, 4.0 scale.
- Must be entering as a first-time, full-time traditional freshman student directly out of high school.
- Renewable annually with a 3.5 cumulative GPA.
- The only additional institutional aid students may add to this award are the Church of God (Holiness) member and Church Matching funds.
- A non-refundable Enrollment deposit and signed Award Letter must be received by April 1.
National Merit Scholarship
This award is for a finalist, semi-finalist, or one receiving a commendation in the National Merit Program who is enrolled full-time and living on campus at KCC. This scholarship may be received for up to four years of continuous enrollment. Students can be awarded up to a maximum of 100% tuition. An academic scholarship will not be added to this award for finalists and semi-finalists.
- Finalist: Full-Tuition
- Semi-Finalist: Half-Tuition
- Commendation: $1,000 per year
This award is offered in partnership with Awana Youth Ministries and is for full-time, first-time, or transfer students. This scholarship may be received for up to four years of continuous enrollment and is for students who have reached certain milestones in the Awana program. The awards are as follows:
- Timothy Award – $2,000 ($250 per semester for up to eight semesters)
- Meritorious Award – $4,000 ($500 per semester for up to eight semesters)
- Citation Award – $8,000 ($1,000 per semester for up to eight semesters)
This award may not be combined with any of the institutional academic scholarships, and the criteria for each award can be found at http://awanaym.org.
Use the Contact Form on this page for more information on KCC scholarships.