Transfer of Credits and Articulation

Transfer Students

Students transferring credits from other recognized colleges and universities will be allowed credit for all work done at a “C” (2.0) level and above, so long as the courses are in keeping with our curriculum offerings. However, it should be recognized that credit accepted from another institution may or may not be applicable to specific degree programs. The college reserves the right to make the decision regarding applicability. Credit accepted from another institution will become a part of the permanent record of the student. Official transcripts must be sent directly from the Office of the Registrar from each college and university attended.

KCC also has a number of articulation agreements with colleges and universities, making transferring credits easier for the students. Click here for more information.

Transfer of Credit Policy

It is the policy of Kansas Christian College to accept undergraduate courses from accredited institutions, subject to the considerations listed below. Transfer credit from non-accredited institutions is subject to evaluation by the registrar. Acceptance of all undergraduate classes, whether or not they were used toward another earned degree, is based on the following considerations:

1. Academic standing of the institution where earned, based upon the following guidelines:

a. Credit from colleges is normally assumed to have acceptable qualifications for transferability if the college is accredited by a USDE- or CHEA- recognized accrediting agency.

b. Credit from colleges that are candidates for USDE- or CHEA-recognized
accreditation is assumed to come from schools with acceptable qualifications.

c. Credit from colleges that lack membership with USDE- or CHEA-recognized
accrediting agencies may lack that status for reasons unrelated to questions of quality. Such institutions, however, cannot provide a reliable, third-party assurance that they meet or exceed minimum standards. In such cases, special steps are taken to determine whether some or all of the requested credits can be transferred.

d. Non-US colleges are evaluated based on the following:

i. International student applicants must present official transcripts (or
certified true copies) of all academic work on the secondary level, matriculation certificates, or other records. The certificates should include the subject examined and the grades received. Records not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation of each.

ii. Work completed at non-US colleges may be transferable to KCC. International student applicants who have attended schools and universities beyond secondary school level must send official transcripts (or certified true copies) of all academic work. Records not in English must be accompanied by a certified English translation of each document. Records of collegiate-level work should be accompanied by a statement by the applicant of the content of each subject completed or a syllabus, course sheet, or university catalog in English. The school reserves the right to charge the student an evaluation fee ($75) or require that the student procure an evaluation of the transcript from International Education Services. (IES)

2. The grade for the course is a C (2.0) or better.

3. Comparability of the nature, content, and level of transfer credit of the course to be
transferred (determined by review of the course description, syllabus, textbooks used, etc., and contact with knowledgeable and experienced faculty and staff at the sending and/or receiving institutions).

4. Relevance of the course to the student’s KCC degree program is determined by syllabi, textbooks, and official course descriptions. Courses to be transferred must be the curriculum of the program in which the student is enrolled.

5. Course rigor, including the amount of “seat time” and homework – derived from the catalog, course syllabi, Internet research, and/or phone calls to the sending institution.