Student Life in Kansas City
KCC understands that college is a pivotal time in the lives of students. Suddenly away from home, they enter a world of new experiences and challenges and are forced to make decisions that carry tremendous weight. That’s why our student life aspect is so important. Instead of diving headfirst into a university environment that has no formal regard for Christ, students can come to KCC and walk through their critical college years with others who are seeking the Lord and doing their best to live His way. At KCC, they will find friends and mentors who will help them navigate the daily life of a college student and help point them to Christ.
Students who live on campus will stay in KCC’s Shaver Hall with their fellow Falcons and the KCC dorm parents. Located across the street from Cowen Memorial Auditorium and Palmer Library, Shaver Hall is a two-minute walk from the college classrooms. It houses the student cafeteria, laundry facilities, the Falcon Fortress student lounge, and guest housing.
To facilitate the spiritual growth of its students, KCC employs a campus chaplain who oversees student discipleship groups, is available for one-on-one meetings, and who coordinates weekly chapel services. These services, held in different places on different days, allow students and faculty members to take a break from their class schedules and hear a message from a member of the KCC staff or a guest speaker.
Outside of school activities, students also are encouraged to get involved in one of the many local churches, several of which are active partners and supporters of KCC.
Located in the heart of Overland Park, Kansas, KCC offers its students the chance to experience life in one of Travel + Leisure’s highest-ranked cities: Kansas City.
Within the immediate area, students can find restaurants, coffee shops, grocery stores, pharmacies, parks, and a variety of job opportunities. And just by taking a short drive, they can engage in the broader scope of activities provided by the Kansas City metro, which includes some of the country’s finest art, sports, food, and more!
Here are a few of our students’ favorite activities in Overland Park and surrounding areas:
- Studying at Homer’s Coffee House.
- Going to Kansas City Royals and Chiefs games.
- Afternoons on the Country Club Plaza.
- Volunteering with one of the many non-profit organizations around the city.
- Sampling KC’s best barbecue joints such as Joe’s KC, Q39, and Fiorella’s Jack Stack.
- Taking in the local museums and arts events.
- Driving out to Shawnee Mission Park to spend a day in nature.
- Spending a relaxing Saturday morning at City Market.
- Visiting the wildlife at the Kansas City Zoo.
- Grabbing friends for a day at Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun.
- Scouting out the city’s hundreds of fountains and finding a favorite.
- Plugging in at local churches and connecting with other believers.
Dining services are provided by Pioneer College Caterers, Inc. Pioneer serves faith-based campuses exclusively throughout the United States. Its mission is to provide students with the highest possible quality food at a reasonable price.
In an effort to provide a complete student experience, Pioneer also provides:
- Nutritional Awareness Program
- Dietary information to help students make educated choices
- “Treats From Home”
- Parents and friends of resident students can send a special occasion snack, cookie, or cake.
Go online to http://kansaschristian.pcconline.net/ or contact food service directly
- Student Employment Right On Campus
- Jobs in dining and banquet services
- Students do not have to be work study eligible
- Pioneer is glad to work around a school schedule
For more information, please contact:
Donna Brunton, Foodservice Director
Come to KCC and discover it for yourself!